Over the last few years, Kevin has been experiencing stomach issues and was unable to get a proper diagnosis on what the underlying issue was. Fast forward to January 2020, when he went for a surgery to attempt to correct the ongoing stomach pains. The surgery was successful, however on February 14, Kevin's life was turned upside down as he was diagnosed with stage III cancer.
Since then, Kevin's been doing everything in his power to beat this. He is currently undergoing chemo, in addition to seeking complementary alternative medicine. He has started a strict diet ...so much so that he has lost 70 pounds (32kg) in the course of 3 months.
How you can help
We're raising money to help support Kevin and his wife Joy during this difficult time as he fights for his life. Cancer takes an enormous toll on the health of patients — and it also has a tremendous financial impact. He currently is unable to work, and due to the COVID-19 situation, Joy is also only able to work part time.
Kevin has always been there for each of us as a friend, brother, coach, teammate and colleague. Now is our time to show up for him, no matter how big or small you can contribute today.
How your donation will help Kevin
It costs around €30,000 for treatments just for 1 year, here's a sample of some of them:
- Supportive Oligonucleotide Technique (SOT): €90,570 for 5 week clinic treatment in Switzerland (SOT is a treatment for cancer where circulating tumor cells are reverse-engineered using a messenger RNA to disrupt the DNA of cancer cells
- Mistletoe Therapy (in Germany) €13,800
- Supplements: €1,000 per month
- Chemo: €200 every 3x weeks
- Ozone and hypothermia therapy: €350 per week
- Hyperbolic oxygen chamber: €3,600 for 60 sessions
- Vitamin C IV: €1,000 per week for 3x months
Bottom Line: Kevin needs your help — our help — to give him the financial stability and peace-of-mind he needs for the fight of his life. Please join us in helping one of the most generous and giving souls we’ve ever known.
- Dan O Mahony
- Ciara Connolly
- Atlanta GAA Irish Network Atlanta
- Warren Lipschitz
- anon anon
Fundraising team: Quinn Fundraising Team (6)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more